- Candidate for Doctor of Clinical Nutrition; expected graduation date summer 2017
- MS Master’s of Science, Nutrition, Counseling Track, Bastyr University, named “The Harvard of Natural Medicine” 2003-2005
- MA Master’s Degree, English Philology, Gdansk, Poland, 1986-1992
- Doctoral Candidate of Clinical Functional Nutrition, MUIH -Maryland University of Integrative Health – 2015 – 2017
- LDN Licensed Nutritionist, fully licensed by Maryland State Board of Dietetic Practice, in good standing since 2006
- CNS Certified Nutrition Specialist, board-certified by Nutrition Specialists Certification Board, active and in good standing since 2006
- CN Certified Nutritionist, certified by Washington State Health Department, in good standing since 2005
- I opened my practice as West Sound Nutrition in Bremerton WA in 2005.
- In 2006, I moved to Maryland and I established a successful private clinical face-to-face practice and now a locally famous Detox Program in Baltimore MD.
- For 2 years, I worked as a nutritionist and a nutrition supplement specialist at Your Prescription for Health natural pharmacy.
- Later, I was sought after by two distinguished Hopkins gastroenterologists, Dr Linda Lee MD and Dr Gerard Mullin MD to join as their first nutritionist at the new Johns Hopkins Integrative Medicine and Digestive Center, Lutherville, MD. I stayed there from 2008 to 2010 as an independent contractor Holistic Nutrition Naturally, LLC, working closely with their Gastroenterology and Hepatology Department, with referrals from Johns Hopkins doctors. In particular, Dr Mullin, the leading world-renown functional and integrative gastroenterologist, entrusted me with his very complex patients (thank you, Dr Mullin). That is when my love for integrative gastroenterology and the gut health took hold.
- In 2010, I partnered with Sunlight Natural Health Clinic, a natural medicine clinic run by Dr Janene Martin, a talented Naturopathic Doctor. I practiced there for 5 years in a community of like-minded health practitioners until summer 2015, when Dr Martin had to relocate and I decided to expand my already partially virtual consulting into a 100% virtual clinic. I had been providing phone office visits nationally for a number of years already, and I had always loved being able to help those throughout the US that do not have local resources to support them. In special cases, I will still see some local patients at the Sunlight Natural Health.
- I have earned the trust of local functional, integrative and forward thinking doctors and NDs and enjoy their referrals.
- Some local health providers such as DC’s, acupuncturists, medical doctors, dentists, optometrists and even nutritionists have either taken my 30-Day Detox Program or have become my patients, which is the highest compliment to earn.
Major Medical Conferences/Trainings:
- Food as Medicine Conference: Food As Medicine: Integrating Nutrition into Clinical Practice, Medial Education and Community Health (2008)
- Advanced Professional Training in Functional and Clinical Nutrition under Dr Liz Lipski, PhD, CCN at Innovative Healing (2013)
- Institute of Functional Medicine Modules:
- SIBO Center at National College of Natural Medicine:
- 1st SIBO symposium: Current Perspectives and Management of IBS (2014)
- 2nd SIBO Symposium (2015)
- 3rd SIBO Symposium (2016)
- Institute of Functional Medicine
- American College of Nutrition
- Board for Certification of Nutritionist Specialists
- Global Association of Holistic Psychotherapists
- EarthSave, Baltimore MD – volunteer, returning featured speaker (Detoxification, Sugar Balance, Healthy Vegans)
- Vegetarian Resource Group, Baltimore MD – assisting with research/writing
- Joy Wellness Center at Shepherd’s Clinic, Baltimore – cooking class demo
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Institute, Seattle WA – nutritionist volunteer at the 2EAT Study
- Puget Consumer Cooperative Cooking Classes, Seattle WA
- Bremerton High School Nutrition Educator Initiative, Bremerton WA – volunteer nutritionist
- Saginaw Valley State University Initiative and Coordination of Open Nutrition Lectures, Saginaw MI
She is extremely knowledgeable and takes her time listening to every issue.~ Barbara G.